Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oracle

Before I knew my power
You coaxed me to the looking glass
Stood behind me, your arms on my waist
Nuzzled my neck
Lightning sizzled across my skin
Your façade pressing into me
Sternum to spine
You stripped me of my defense
It was a trick
I fell through the looking glass
To an alternate place and time
You stole myself,
They knocked me from my tower
I didn't stop wanting you
Even as I sat in desperation
But I found it
It was within
I reclaimed what you stole, myself
I reclaimed you
Still tall with dusty gray hair
But young and impetuous
I drew you to me to show you
what I had become
And we embraced through time
We bathed in ice and snow
I tasted your frozen breath
Our bodies tingling with cold
We danced in fire and stars
burned in the heat of suns
You called me the oracle
An avatar

No comments: